Monday, April 20, 2009

IGOR AND ANDRE: DANNY ROBERTS









This is Danny Roberts, the talent behind the illustration blog, 'Igor and Andre'.

I don't even know what to say.  I saw his work posted on another blog and was completely blown away.  I've been painting for years and have been in art school for almost a decade and i rarely see work that makes me STARE.  There is so much intensity and emotion in not only the characters he draws, but in his line work, his choice of colour.  I spent the better part of an hour adoring his work, and for the first time in a long time found myself trying to figure out what EXACTLY was so compelling about it.  Why I was so drawn to it......?

I finally came across a post that showed his inspiration, which ranged from Van Gogh (i knew it!! the beautifully neurotic line work reminded me of the feeling I get when I look at his self portraits), to fashion photography, to the elegance of Marie Antoinette, to HENRY DARGER! Please look up Henry Darger- his story is fascinating!! In fact, I'm going to blog him right after this.

Anyway, please please have a look at Danny's work.  There are also pictures of him in his studio, and it is clear that he works incredibly hard.  He deserves all the success he's so quickly finding.  At 23, he has studied both photography and fashion design, and has been featured in multiple international publications.

Many of the above images are illustrations he has done of blog personalities he has admired and met through the internet community.  I'm learning myself (slowly... my blog is just a baby!) how supportive and inspirational this group of people really can be.

....... And he sometimes rocks lederhosen.  Rad!

Be sure to have a look at his site here
And you can buy his work on etsy here

And Danny, if you're reading this, feel free to draw me! I'm not that fancy a lady and my blog is just an infant, but maybe one day I'd be so lucky.

xo.s

2 comments:

Annisa NF said...

his site is awesome.I love his art work :--D

xo

Igor+andré said...

awe thank you so much lovely article! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails